Sunday, April 13, 2014

Thanking Expresion and how to respond it

1. Thanking for directions
Sample phrases (from formal to informal)
A: Thank you so much for your directions. You've been a tremendous help.
B: It was my pleasure.
A: Thank you for taking the time to explain it to me. I hope it wasn't too much of a bother.
B: Not at all. It was the least I could do.
A: Thanks for all your help. I really appreciate it.
B: You're welcome. Good luck.
A: Thanks a million!
B: Forget it/Don't worry about it.
2. Thanking for invitations
Sample phrases
A: Thank you for inviting me. Of course I'll come.
B: Great! We're sure to have a lot of fun.
A: Thanks for your invitation, but I'm afraid I won't be able to come. I've got an appointment.
B: I'm sorry to hear that. We'll certainly miss you.
3. Thanking for gifts
Sample phrases
A: Thank you very much for the flowers. They look so beautiful. Are they from your garden?
B: Yes. I'm glad you like them. Happy anniversary!
A: Thanks a lot, but you really shouldn't have.
B: Well, I just wanted to show my appreciation for your kindness.
4. Thanking for favors
Sample phrases
A: Thank you so much for lending me your bicycle.
B: Don't mention it. Let me know if you need it again.
A: Thanks for doing the washing-up.
B: It was nothing. I enjoyed helping you.
5. Thanking for offers of help
Sample phrases
A: Can I take you to the airport?
B: Thank you. That would be great.
A: Do you need help carrying these suitcases?
B: Thanks, but I'll manage OK by myself.

QUESTION :
            1.  Jessy : Is this your book, Nila ?
                 Nila            : Yes, it is. .....
                 Jessy           : You’re wellcome
                        Answer : Thank you Jessy
            2. Rezki           : Nino, you look very nice today
                Nino            : haha, thank you
                Reski           : .....
                        Answer : you’re wellcome Nino
            3. Yanti           : This is a little gift I brought for you
                Budi            : ............ , Oh, it’s just what I wanted
                        Answer : Thank you very much indeed
            4.  Nina           : Thank you very much for the delicious meal
                 Nani           : .......
                        Answer : I was glad to be of some service
            5. Budi : May I ask for a piece of paper ?
                Yolla           : Oh, sure. Here it is
                Budi            : And here is the pencil I borrowed from you yesterday......

                        Answer : Thank you very much for your help

No comments:

Post a Comment

Berkomentarlah dengan baik, jangan mencela orang di Blog ini :)